Lunatik Athletiks is a Barrie, ON based company that is changing the way we look at compression socks. No longer are they your typical boring compression socks, but instead can provide the medical benefits of graduated compression while still looking amazing.
Personally, I was experiencing an increase in knee and hip pain after being on my skates for an extended period of time. I decided to give compression socks a try during a tournament one weekend, and it changed my perspective of compression socks! I no longer step on the ice without my socks and my hips and knees thank me for it.
So what exactly does graduated compression socks do?
- Increase blood supply therefore reducing lactic acid build up
- Increase stability of lower leg muscles
- Provides relief from achy or tired legs
- Reduces the risk of injury to lower leg
- Helps aid in the prevention of spider veins and swelling
When should compression socks be worn?
- Sitting or standing for an extended period of time
- During athletic events
- Travelling (especially air travel)
- Diagnosis of varicose veins
The best part is that most extended health benefit plans cover medical compression socks. These are rated at 20-30 mmHg graduated compression. Don’t have any medical benefits? Performance or “over-the-counter” socks are available with 15-22 mmHg graduated compression.
If you want to check out Lunatik Athletiks’ line up of socks you can check them out here: https://www.lunatikathletiks.com
To get fitted for socks or if you have any questions about if compression socks are right for you, please feel free to reach out or book online at: https://drleahlawson.com/contact-us/